About Me

My photo
Hello world! My name is Genevieve, I'm an 18-year-old college student, majoring in journalism, and I have a crazy passion for the Lord and serving through humanitarian work. The purpose of this blog is for me to record my journey in this dream of making even the slightest impact in some one's life somehow, somewhere, in some way for His glory... and along my way, hearing the stories of those who share the same passion for volunteering as I do. Those who know me, know that I love going on adventures, but I'd have to say that this is the biggest adventure of my life: chasing change.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

So My Journey Begins

Hello hello! Well this past week has been a pretty successful one if I must say so myself. Last Saturday, October 16, 2010 I participated in the annual "Walk for Life" event held by the Santa Clarita Valley Pregnancy Center, which promoted pro-life and helping those faced with a crisis pregnancy to "see the light at the end of the tunnel." Secondly, just last night, October 23, 2010 I had the privilege of also walking in the annual "Light the Night" event, established by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Both were held in Valencia, Calif. and both walks were about 2 miles in distance. I really enjoyed doing both events and meeting new people with the same interests in spreading awareness for these causes. I encourage all of you to look into some local walking events like these that represent a certain cause that you might be interested in spreading awareness for.

For more information on either organizations or info on their future events visit http://www.scvpc.org/ for the SCV Pregnancy Center or http://www.lightthenight.org/ for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Happy Volunteering!!!!

October 16, 2010 "Walk for Life" participants release balloons signifying
each previously terminated unborn life being released into heaven.



October 24, 2010 "Light the Night" participants carried balloons containing small
light bulbs as they walked; each color signifying hope for those currently fighting
cancer, those who have defeated cancer, and those who have lost a loved one to cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers